Mozambique is a beautiful country, but you
will have a far better experience if properly prepared.
A short overview of the documents to carry:
Passport, police clearance certificate, vehicle and trailer registration
papers, and insurance certificate. If compliant in Zimbabwe, your vehicle will
display the licence and insurance discs, and Third Plate.
Remember the SDC requirements for minors, who require specific documents when crossing borders. For more on this, http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/statements-speeches/621-advisory-new-requirements-for-children-travelling-through-south-african-ports-of-entry-effective-1-june-2015
At Big Sky, we are often asked what the vehicle equipment requirements for Mozambique are. If your vehicle is compliant with Zimbabwe’s statutory requirements, you are well covered.
But unique to Mozambique are the following:
- If towing, you must display Mozambique yellow on blue triangles, which
are available from Big Sky. The large decal is to be placed on the right-hand
side at the rear of the trailer, and the small decal on the right front of the
towing vehicle. Be aware these triangles are required ONLY if you’re towing …
- We also recommend you carry a reflective vest for each occupant in the
For your peace of mind, we recommend the following as essential equipment:
- A good map. Big Sky stocks the Mozambique/Malawi InfoMap with GPS coordinates and points of interest.
- You’ll want to drop your tire pressures when off the tar. This will improve your ride over corrugated gravel roads, and significantly reduce the chances of getting stuck in soft sand. An air compressor is essential for reflating tires before driving at high speeds. Big Sky stocks the T-Max 72 litre compressor which will inflate your 4×4’s tires faster than you’ll finish your Coke.
- A decent tow strap will come in handy when you are a good Samaritan and recover a stuck vehicle …
- Consider fitting a long-range fuel tank and avoid the hassle of jerry cans at the border and the roadside. Big Sky is supplying quality, auxiliary fuel tanks for a wide range of vehicles, including the Ford Ranger, Isuzu (6th generation), Toyota Hilux (Vigo and Revo), Landcruiser (75, 79, 80, 100 and 200 Series), Fortuner; and Nissan Hardbody and Navara, and VW Amarok. For more, visit https://bigsky.co.zw/tales-trails/
- To check availability and price for your vehicle, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/WhatsApp on 0772-420-517
Finally, you could be driving in isolated areas … check the road worthiness of
your vehicle, tyre condition, including the spare wheel. Take it easy and enjoy
the drive, it is not only the destination that is beautiful.
I am Sean, and we look forward to preparing you for your journey to Mozambique.
The fuel shortages being experienced in Zimbabwe have raised interest in long-range, or auxiliary, fuel tanks.
The price differentials in the region have created appealing opportunities to save costs by filling at lower prices. The recent ban on the filling of jerry cans has also increased interest …
Advantages of a long-range tank include:
- Reduce the time spent in fuel queues!
- All of the fuel is stored safely under the vehicle where any leaks will go straight to the ground.
- Fuel stored in two separate tanks creates a backup in case one leaks or fails.
- Your vehicle’s centre of gravity is as low as possible.
- No messing about with jerry cans and funnels on the side of the track or road.
- Overcome the ban on the filling of jerry cans in Zimbabwe.
- We have the flexibility to fill up at lower prices and have the range to travel into neighbouring countries, or visa versa depending on fuel prices ruling at the time.
Big Sky imports high-quality long-range tanks from South Africa’s leading manufacturers, with over 20 years of experience. Tanks are available for a wide range of vehicles, including the
- Toyota Hilux (Vigo and Revo),
- Ford Ranger
- Isuzu (6th generation)
- Land Rover Discovery 3 & 4
- Landcruiser (75, 79, 80, 100, and 200 Series)
- Nissan Hardbody and Navara
- VW Amarok.
Fitment in Harare is carried out by professionals with a great deal of experience in this field. The cost of fitment is reduced to a preferential USD 110.00 (incl.) until the end of February 2019.
To check availability and price for your vehicle, contact Sean on email@example.com or call / WhatsApp him on 0772-420-517
NOTE: The image of the Landcruiser with a long-range tank is for illustration only. Specifications will differ.